Saturday, July 31, 2010

Priscilla, Queen of the Desert: The Musical

On Wednesday, I got a haircut (hadn't gotten one in 8 months--maybe more) and at 7.30 PM, I saw "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert: The Musical."

Having seen the movie 3 times, I was worried I wouldn't enjoy it as much. BUT the actors and actresses were so full of energy and so fantastic that I now love it even more.

One thing you have to know to understand my favorite line is that Bernadette and Felicia--wait a minute, do you even know what it's about? IMDB gives this sentence to summarize it: Two drag queens and a transsexual get a cabaret gig in the middle of the desert.

Anyway, Bernadette and Felicia argue. A lot. In a very funny and catty way.

My favorite line: Bernadette to Felicia in a woman's voice: If you feel like joining us later on, FIGHT IT.

The last two words are said in a man's voice, making it that much funnier.

They added jokes that weren't in the movie and we see more of Shirley, but the drinking contest between Bernadette and Shirley isn't there.

If you're in or near London, go see it at the Palace Theater.

Clash of the Titans--1981 and 2010 versions

To be honest, I didn't even finish watching the 1981 version--that's how bad the special effects are.

The 2010 one was much better, but if you never watch either one, you're not missing anything fantastic.

Right at your Door
A thriller in which a "dirty bomb" explode in downtown LA. Unfortunately for Brad, his wife Lexi was there and got infected. He seals himself in his house with Alvaro, a guy who can't get a bus to his own house. Then Lexi appears! She didn't die, but she's infected. Brad can't let her in the house if he wants to stay alive.

There's a twist that redeems the movie a little, but overall it wasn't that great.

Writing

Let's not talk about it. Monday to right now: 351 words.

Plotting

I finally fixed a few problems with the timeline. I know from whose POV each chapter is from chapter 20 to 51. It's all good. Now if I only I can motivate myself to write. I'm having way too much fun plotting.

No comments: