Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 2 is not over yet: only 3 hours spent in car with family

This morning, I got to wake up at 8! And then we only had 3 and a half hours in the car! *sigh* I also read more of "A Clockwork Orange" and wrote 700 words. And it's only 5 pm.

One thing we've noticed about the houses here, and everything else really, is it all looks so much like The Netherlands. Which makes us miss The Netherlands even more.

Most people might think all of France is more or less the same, and I kinda thought it was too, but being in the north of France makes me realize the big difference between here and the south of France. The houses are different--brick instead of... I actually don't know what our house in the south of France is made of--and there are canals. And we even saw a windmill.

Anyway, tomorrow we take the ferry. We'll leave at midday, and two hours later, at 1 pm, we'll be there. Nope. That's not a mistake. England is an hour behind France.

Writing

Like I said, I've written 700 words, but now it's almost 10 pm and I haven't written anything since 5.

I probably won't blog again until tomorrow 5 pm, so here are today's numbers:

  • Total wordcount: 37205
  • Chapter 18: 3853 words
  • Percent: 49,61 (almost 50%!)
  • Words written since the 11th of June (first day of holiday): 10 800 (that's 308.5 words per day)

Just need to figure out some dates of births for 3 characters, as well as when they became vampires, otherwise nothing makes sense.Ugh. Gonna be complicated.

No comments: