Wednesday, July 21, 2010

England: Day 3, we go out

Movies

  • Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief: Eh. It was okay.
  • Friday the 13th, Part 5: A New Beginning: Same.
  • Another Cinderella Story: Meh. I REALLY liked the dancing scene with the mirror, but so many parts irritated me.
  • Bring It On: Fight to the Finish: Ugh. When are they gonna stop making these movies? I loved the first one, but now I watch them to make fun of the dialogue and characters.
  • Toy Story 3: *sigh* I'd heard people saying it was REALLY good and the movie did NOT disappoint. Very good.

Day 1 included the ferry ride and unpacking. Day 2 we stayed in and just watched TV. Day 3, Monday, we went out and did the following:

  • WHSmith: Books! I got books! Hush, hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead and Fang by James Patterson (the Maximum Ride series is my guilty pleasure). I also got "Clash of the Titans", the 1981 version.
  • Pound shop: I got two pens and skittles. Boring, I know.
  • Heart Foundation shop: DVDs! A Knight's Tale, Panic Room, IT and many others.

Day 4, Tuesday, we went to see Toy Story 3 and I got two DVDs for 5 pounds! "Thelma and Louise" and "Red Dawn" (my mom's comments: "But it's a boys' film. And it's ancient." How has she not realized by now that I LOVE "boys' movies and movies from the eighties?).

Day 5, Wednesday, which is today, we're staying in. Tomorrow, however, is a shopping day. Yippee.

Writing

Friday 730
Saturday 186
Sunday 732
Monday 287
Tuesday 58
Wednesday 131

And Wednesday is far from over.

Total word count: 38629

Oh, I was supposed to post this on Monday, but so many things got in the way (leaving the penthouse, internet not working, siblings wanting to watch movies) that I'm only posting this today.

No comments: