Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 1 is over: was spent in car with family

You can just guess how much fun that was.

  • 6.30 am: Wake up
  • 9 am something: Leave. Finally. Mom had planned to leave at 6.30. Ha!
  • 12 ish: Lunch. Waiters ignore us most of the time. I have pizza and didn't realize until much later that what I thought was tomatoes, which I don't like, was actually the chorizo, which I do like. Result: I appear stupid to my siblings. They take advantage and mock me. Evil little siblings... Also: My day wanted to pay; the waiter finally acknowledged my dad then told him we have to go the reception. Why couldn't he have taken the time to tell us that 5 minutes earlier, when my dad started trying to get the waiter's attention?
  • After lunch until we get to the hotel: In car. Little bit of arguing. Sleeping. I read more of "A Clockwork Orange", finally, and I love it. Amazed that Burgess could invent a whole slang. A slang that you get used to after a while. Then we play a French game called "Baccalaureat" until we reach hotel.
  • From then on, we spend time unloading car. We have to make 3 trips. This is normal for us. Yes, I truly needed my laptop bag, my suitcase, my handbag, my vanity box and my pillow! And my iPod dock.

So here I am, at 7 pm in the hotel room writing this. In an hour or so, we'll be off to the restaurant. Today's writing goal: 500 words. Can I do it? Well, luckily, tomorrow doesn't involve as much driving as today, so we don't have to wake up extremely early. So hopefully. Wish me luck!

No comments: