Friday, June 18, 2010

Welcome to Kayleigh's Kaleidoscope

So my laziness wasn't enough to prevent me from making a blog on this site. I already have a blog on Wordpress and before that I blogged on Livejournal.

My decision for finally creating a Blogger blog is to reach more people. (10 minutes ago I read that more people use Blogger and now I have a blog here.)

I'm trying to import my blog posts from Wordpress, but it isn't working...

Right, who am I?

My name is Kayleigh and I'm a 16 year old writer who lives in the south of France. Christmas 2010 will mark the 3-year anniversary of when I started writing seriously. Apart from reading and writing, I love watching movies and have seen, I kid you not, 761 movies.

In 7500 words, I will be halfway through my current novel, "Playing with Darts." When I say "halfway through" I mean that my goal 75 000 words and in 7500 I will have reached half of that. Why am I elaborating? Because I now know that half of my goal of 75 000 words will NOT be half of my novel. It's turning into a monster of a novel: 50 character, a dozen plot lines, half a dozen points of view. I honestly don't know how I'm managing to write it.

I am also currently writing the second draft of my first every completed novel, "Kenna's Choice." I'm working on chapter 2 with the help of Angela, my critique partner who blogs here.

As for the title of this blog, let me explain: a kaleidoscope shows you different colors and shapes, right? Well my blog is about different things, not just writing. (My mother came up with it for me.)

If you're reading this, how did you get here? My twitter? One of my blogs? A friend told you about it? Google? And are you a new reader, who'd never heard of me before? And, final question, I promise, are you a writer?

No comments: