Saturday, June 19, 2010

The One where I ramble about writerly things

WARNING: This is just me thinking how the hell I'm going to achieve all my goals by the end of 2010.

If I want draft #1 to be complete by the 4th of September, I need to write 500 words minimum everyday. But it'd be better if I wrote 600 everyday. (600 words everyday day for 88 days=52 800 words; that plus what I already have equals 83 670 words, which equals, hopefully, a complete novel.)

Can I do it? I have no idea.

Sure, lately I've been writing a lot, but it's tiring and it hurts my back and my right wrist. A lot. If I keep this up, I'm going to end up in the hospital.

Sunday 445
Monday 388
Tuesday 812
Wednesday 1177
Thursday 680
Friday 962

Maybe I should give myself until the 31st of December this year. That way I'll have the Christmas holidays to write. And I just realized something: NaNoWriMo.

If I want to complete this novel, and draft 2 of Kenna's Choice AND outline my NaNo novel and write it in November, I need to become superwoman. Hmm. Even if I finish draft 1 of PwD and draft 2 of K'sC and manage to outline the NaNo novel all before the 1st of November, I will be dead by the time I start writing the NaNo novel.

Hmm, what if I give myself until the 1st of October to do everything and during October I don't write anything, I just keep preparing for NaNoWriMo? BUT next school year will be hell, how can I write 1666 words a day during November on top of school and homework?

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again: school gets in the way of my writing.

3 comments:

Erica said...

o_o Oh wow. It looks like you have a lot to do. But by the looks of what you've done before, I'm sure you'll be able to do it xD

I've never tried NaNoWriMo before, but I think I will this year. =)

kayleigh'skaleidoscope said...

I don't know if I can. I'll be spending 3 weeks in London, where I'll be doing touristy things, and I have 3 books I have to read for the next school year. And a report about my work experience to write. Ugh.

Good luck with NaNoWriMo! It'll be easier if you've got an outline before you start and I'm warning you, if you've got a lot of homework but are determined to reach the 50K, you will lose countless hours of sleep. I know I did. But finishing is an amazing feeling and you wouldn't believe the adrenaline rush you get from writing 6k in 8 hours on the 30th of Nov, which is what I did.

Erica said...

Thanks! Right now though I have no muse, so I can't even think about outlining. I don't even know what genre I'll be writing--but it'll probably be fantasy =D