Sunday, August 15, 2010

Foreshadowing: it is awesome

I've blogged about this before, so here's a little reminder so you can understand the rest of this post:

In chapter 18, Fabienne, a French vampire, revealed something about herself. Something I didn't plan or know until the moment she revealed it.

And then I realized that a few things I'd written earlier in the chapter now made perfect sense. At the time, I had no idea why I wrote those thing, and oddly enough, I hadn't questioned it. I hadn't thought to myself "Why is she choosing to describe her that way?"

And a little after that, I realized another description in chapter 6 made sense. /Reminder


And now, today, as I'm plotting, I went back to chapter 4 for some reason and something there also makes sense. Basically, Fabienne has been dropping hints about herself from the moment she appeared on page. So to speak.

Is that not THE most awesome thing EVER?

And if you're wondering why this post is also in the category "Procrastination" it's because that's what I've been doing for the past 5 or 6 hours.

No comments: